Dishes that involve seafood are often the subject of cravings of many people. This may range from simple fish dishes to ones that involve prawns or crabs.
However, as the ocean is a vast world on its own, there are certain types or species of crustaceans that are just too dangerous when they are consumed by human beings.
This family from Cagayan were excited to eat the crabs brought home by their father without knowing that it can pose harm to the health of the entire home.
According to Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho, the mom cooked the crabs brought home by her husband, she made sure that it was fully cooked before serving it to her children.
When the father tried to eat the crabs, it tasted sour in an odd kind of way which did not sit well for him. Then, just a few moments later, he felt like vomiting but nothing was coming out of his mouth.
His wife even felt dizzy and nauseous at the same time. It even came to a point where her body felt numb.
Matters even became worse when his two-year-old kid started vomiting too and his five-year-old kid had difficulty in breathing. It was as if something was stuck in his throat.
The whole family was then rushed to the hospital. Sadly, the kids were not able to sustain it and died while being treated. The father is now in comatose.
Meanwhile, the Facebook page, Myriad Farms has already warned everyone about these poisonous species of crabs which include the Zozymus Aeneus and Atergatis floridus. Their post also included photos of the said species.
May this family’s experience, although unfortunate be both an awakening and a lesson to each one of us to make sure the food served before us, are safe for consumption. It is always better to be extra careful because we do not know how worse the consequences can be.